Britannia Parking (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates britannia-parking.co.uk (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding what types of Personal Data we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the Personal Data we hold and how you can contact us.
We use your Personal Data for providing and improving the Service. By using the Service and expressing consent when requested, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
While using and engaging with the Service, we collect certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) which is necessary, relevant and suitable for the purpose you are providing it for. Some of this information is aggregated or encrypted and does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use and engage with the Service.
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Vehicle Registration
- Payment information
- The date and time you used the Service
- The places you visited and amount of time visited for
- IP address
- The browser and device you used.
- The url from which you accessed the Service
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
If you supply Personal Data on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and has given you consent to do so.
We only use your Personal Data for the purpose for which it has been collected for, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To understand and respond to your individual needs and provide you with a better experience.
- To improve our Services offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To share with the employees of this Service to help us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- Used for statistical analysis for management purposes in order to administer, market or improve the Service.
- Internal record keeping and administrative purposes to ensure we operate our business in an efficient and effective manner.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us and we will only contact you if you have given us your consent to do so. You can withdraw your consent or object at any time by contacting us at [email protected], or in relation to marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We will never share, sell or rent your Personal Data to any third parties.
You have the right, at any time, to ask for a copy, transfer, update or correct any information we hold about you. If you wish to do this, please contact us at [email protected].
Your Personal Data is retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes of the Service. Any Personal Data submitted through this Service, is stored by the Service host providers (Fasthosts) secure UK based data centre. The Service is hosted on a Dedicated Server which is also protected by multiple Anti-Malware Firewalls and encrypted by 256-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate. For information on Third party data retention, please browse down to Service Provider information. Data is backed-up daily by the Service host and retained for one month before deletion.
- The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The governing law requires us to hold your Personal Data for a longer period, or delete it sooner.
You exercise your right to have the Personal Data erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under governing law.
THIRD PARTY DATA RETENTION
We use selected third party companies to provide software that does hold your data. All activities/functions performed by these third parties are under the direct instruction of the Service, and they in turn have their own Privacy Policies.
We recommend you read their Privacy Policies in addition to this one.
These can be found here:
- Advam (Payment Gateway): https://www.advam.com/privacy/privacy-policy/
- Ecom6 (Parking Charge Payment Gateway): http://ecom6.com/privacy-policy
- Google (Analytics and Tag Manager): https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-GB&gl=uk
- Royal Mail (AddressNow Capture API): https://www.royalmail.com/privacy-notice
- UK Vehicle Data (VPN lookup & DVLA data API): https://ukvehicledata.co.uk/policies/GDPR-Privacy-Policy
- Formstack (Contact Forms): https://www.formstack.com/privacy.
You have the ‘right to be forgotten’. If you would like us at anytime to delete your Personal Data we will gladly do so, simply email us at [email protected]. We will delete all the Personal Data we hold about you and anything else that is associated with you. However, please note that if you use any of our services which require you to provide Personal Data, deleting our records may mean that you will need to resubmit it to continue using such services.
Please keep in mind that some information may remain in our records after deletion. We may use any aggregated/encrypted data derived from or incorporating your Personal Data after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
EXTERNAL PAYMENT PROVIDERS
Our external payment gateways are provided by Advam (https://advam.com) and Ecom6 (http://ecom6.com). These gateways provide the Service with online payment platforms that allow us to operate services offered by us.
Our external payment providers complete your purchase, then stores your payment card data.
Data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All Direct Payment Gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our Service and its service providers.
- Advam (Payment Gateway): https://www.advam.com/privacy/privacy-policy/
- Ecom6 (Parking Charge Payment Gateway): http://ecom6.com/privacy-policy
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a ‘Session’ or ‘Persistent’ cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
- Identify you as being logged in.
- Remember the goods and services you ordered when you get to the checkout page.
- Remember things like information you've entered on order forms when you navigate to different pages during your session.
- Remember things like service selections you have made which are essential for us to provide you with services you have requested.
- Make sure you connect to the right service when we make any changes to the way the Service works.
- Provide statistics on how this Service is used (including selections that you have made and goods and services that you have viewed, during your use of this Service).
- Enable us to track and improve this Service by analysing visitor behaviour and results.
- Improve the management and performance of tags on this Service.
- Remember selections you have made (such as search functions and results, and goods and services)
- Share information with partners to provide a service on our Service. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose.
By default, the majority of popular web browsers automatically permit websites to deploy Cookies onto your device. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete Cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version.
You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting Cookies via these links:
- Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox
- Opera – http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari – https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Edge – https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy.
Please note, blocking all Cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability this Service. If you block Cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on this Service.
For more information on the Cookie Law in the UK, we recommend visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website: https://www.cookielaw.org/ where you can find the latest information, guidelines and advice on the Cookie Law.
Our Service uses Strictly Necessary Cookies that enable our Service to operate. These Cookies do not store or track your behaviour nor location. Strictly Necessary Cookies help make our Service usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the Service. The Service cannot function properly without these cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies include:
- __RequestVerificationToken – This protects or Service from URL injection and security attacks which in turn ensures you are protected whilst using the Service. This Cookies expires when your browsing session ends.
- ASP.NET_SessionId – This preserves the your session state across page requests. This Cookie expires when your browsing session ends.
- BPSTUser – This preserves user access when logged-in to the Service. This Cookies expires when your browsing session ends.
The Service uses Performance Cookies provided by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, web analytics services provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). The information generated by a Cookie about your use of the Service (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Service, compiling reports on activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or giving us a '+1' via Google Plus, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a Cookie for this purpose.
In some cases, where a page includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a Cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all Cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access Cookies we set ourselves.
If you decline our use of Performance Cookies using the options we provide, a cookie will be added to log your action. These are Strictly Necessary Cookies and are to ensure your preferences are saved on your chosen browser and expire one year from making your decision.
The Cookies used to log your preference are:
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of the Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behaviour, and to administer the site.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how the Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
The Service is not intended for audiences under 16 years of age. It is the sole responsibility of parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Service.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If the Service is breached, we will notify all affected users within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach, where feasible. A breach means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, Personal Data. A breach can include:
- Access by an unauthorised third party
- Deliberate or accidental action (or inaction) by a controller or processor
- Sending Personal Data to an incorrect recipient
- Computing devices containing personal data being lost or stolen
- Alteration of Personal Data without permission
- Loss of availability of Personal Data.
EMBEDDED THIRD PARTY CONTENT
The Service may contain embedded content (e.g. links, images, videos, articles etc…) from other sites that are not operated by us. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party websites or services.
If you upload images to the Service, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Service can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
County Gates House
300 Poole Road
Company Registration No. 08182990
If you have any specific data protection concerns or complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Officer Amey Richardson at [email protected]
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113